Remote / US-based / Full-time
USD $90K – $120K
At Tettra, we make software that helps hundreds of teams share knowledge to grow and thrive together. Our product is primarily used by teams to answer repetitive questions in chat and onboard new hires faster. We use our own product every day to help our own team operate too.
We’re a small, 100% remote company that’s growing our customer base and team quickly. We believe in optimizing for the long-term, which means we operate at a sustainable pace and are financially sustainable.
We’re starting our first-ever sales team. This is a unique opportunity to have direct input into the sales process and learn how a small software company operates directly from the founders.
The base salary for this position is $60,000 (plus uncapped variable) with On-Target Earnings estimated at ~$120,000. OTE for the role depends on hitting your targets, not your location.
This is a full-time, remote position based in the US
About the role
- As one of our first Account Executives, you’ll have the opportunity to help us iterate on our founder-led sales process. We want you to bring your experience and ideas to help us improve our processes and close rate.
- Own the entire customer lifecycle from lead to close – Perform demos, presentations, and trainings for prospects and customers to help ensure proper understanding and adoption of Tettra’s product.
- Effectively manage your pipeline of leads and opportunities so that you can consistently drive revenue for Tettra and strong ROI for our customers.
- Consistent attainment of quota and revenue goals in a high-volume, consultative sales role.
- Take rigorous notes on calls with prospects to share with other internal teams and reference yourself.
- Develop ad-hoc sales collateral to help educate prospects on the value of Tettra.
- You will be working most directly with our two co-founders: Andy Cook and Nelson Joyce.
- In the future, you’ll help train and onboard future sales hires.
- 1-2+ years in a sales role (AE/AM/BDR/SDR/Product Specialist) at a SaaS company.
- You have experience tracking all your sales activities in a CRM. Experience with HubSpot CRM is a plus.
- You are in sales because you love talking to customers and helping them find solutions to their questions and problems.
- When you have an idea to improve a process or workflow, you can’t help but try it out and iterate on your experiment. You love to share your learnings with others to help them improve too.
- You are naturally curious and have a history of learning new skills or finding an answer through self research. This is especially important in a remote company because you won’t always have someone to ask in the moment for an answer.
- You excel at self management and can keep yourself organized, productive, and motivated to hit your goals.
- Strong written and verbal English skills.
- Competitive salary – Our goal is to hire the best people and compensate them fairly. Our salaries are based on Boston-area rates and we pay the same no matter where you live in the US. We have internally transparent salary bands for each role and update them at least once a year. We also provide equity.
- Work from wherever – We are a results-driven remote team and operate mostly asynchronously. We don’t care where you are or what timezone you’re based in, as long as it’s in the US.
- Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it. All you need to do is just give the team some notice ahead of time. We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you to take the time you need to be productive.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance – We cover 100% of you and your family’s insurance, including dependents, on our PPO Blue Cross Blue Shield and Principal policies.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption – 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
- New-hire success package – We will buy you a new Mac laptop or equivalent of your choice, and provide you a $750 stipend to spend on whatever you want to improve your work-from-home setup (e.g. a big monitor, a standing desk, high-quality webcam.)
- Co-working stipend – We will cover up to $250 USD per month if you want to work from a co-working space.
- Personal development – Up to $500 per year reimbursement to spend on learning to improve your knowledge and craft through our Free Books & Courses program.
- Transparency – We believe that access to information is key to making the best decisions. Therefore, everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company. You’ll know our revenue, goals, growth rates, and cash on hand so there’s no surprises.
Why work with us?
- We are remote – We are a remote company and don’t have an office. We believe in trust and autonomy. Our internal operating system is geared towards asynchronous communication, common goals, and evaluations based on results. It doesn’t matter if you’ve worked remotely before as long as you can ask good questions, collaborate mostly over written communication with others, and hold yourself accountable to get your work done.
- We are a calm company – We believe in work/life harmony. Our team works a solid 40-hours per week, then we sign off in the evenings and on weekends to do what we enjoy outside of work — like spending time with friends & family, self improvement, or interesting hobbies. We scope our work to only the most important tasks and get those done by not wasting time on pointless status meetings, brainstorming discussions, or projects that aren’t actually important. We can do all this because we are funded by revenue from actual customers and therefore don’t have the pressure to sprint to become a $1B company (or bust.)
- We use our own product every day – We use our own product to share knowledge and document our processes internally.
- We strive to be fair – We work hard to make sure our hiring practices and compensation systems are fair and inclusive to people of all backgrounds.
- Everyone has a voice – We believe that good ideas can come from anywhere. We hire smart, ambitious people like you because we want to hear your thoughts.
- We are using our leverage for good – We currently donate 1% of all revenue to help fight climate change through Stripe Climate. We also offer discounted Tettra accounts to qualifying nonprofits to help their teams work more effectively to do more good in the world.
At Tettra, we believe that diverse teams result in better products and experiences for our customers and are more interesting to work on too. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.