With the launch of ChatGPT, Google Bard, Amazon Large Language Models, and Microsoft Bing, businesses across industries have become interested in artificial intelligence that can help them reduce redundancies and be more efficient.
A lot of businesses are trying to figure out the best way to make use of the advantages of these AI-powered tools while also planning how to use this type of AI more strategically in the future.
They’ll also upend your company’s traditional knowledge base in the process.
How can an AI-powered knowledge based help your team?
AI can be a powerful tool in managing and utilizing your knowledge base. Here are a few ways AI knowledge base software can help your team:
- Through natural language searching and processing, AI allows you to search your knowledge base in a way that doesn’t have to be exact or overly technical
- AI can create answers based on your company documents, providing relevant information without the need for manual searching.
- AI can also identify outdated pages and topics that need updating, ensuring your knowledge base stays current and accurate.
- AI can help tag and organize your information, making it easier to navigate and retrieve specific information from your knowledge base.
Having a properly set up AI knowledge base software can streamline the management of your company’s knowledge base, save time, and improve the accessibility and usability of your information.
While there are many ways knowledge management systems employ AI, Tettra is using it to solve the problems that have long plagued companies trying to effectively manage their knowledge.
Instead of dealing with outdated wiki pages that your team never knows if they can trust, Tettra’s AI knowledge management system utilizes a purpose-built workflow to capture critical company knowledge and ensure it is always up-to-date and discoverable.
With a purpose-built, AI-powered workflow, Tettra empowers knowledge managers to capture, chronicle, and distribute information to their team with maximal efficiency.
By using AI advancements, you will help your team members quickly find information and get answers to outstanding questions.
Your subject matter experts will be relieved from the burden of having to answer repetitive questions in Slack and Microsoft Teams.
You can do it all with Kai, Tettra’s friendly AI assistant, is the optimal method of AI-powered knowledge management.
- Use AI search inside your knowledge base
- Answers team members’ questions right from Slack and in Tettra.
- Generate re-usable answers (pre-emptively generates FAQs).
- Read and tag content to improve search results.
- Lacks support for forums / discussion boards
- Limited document formatting
Tettra makes knowledge sharing easy by making their experience seamless and easy to use, even if you have never done any documentation before! You can get started without needing any expertise in Knowledge management and even share docs directly in communication channels like Slack to better promote your referenced information.– G2
Capacity is an AI tool that helps to manage support tasks by linking all your technology resources. It simplifies your work by finding answers to common questions and performing repeated tasks, which lets you focus on solving important business problems. Many companies are now using Capacity to upgrade their self-service systems, making work more efficient by saving time usually spent on information searching, answering the same questions, and doing boring tasks. This smart software for storing and accessing knowledge is gaining popularity fast, especially in fields like finance, HR, healthcare, and education.
- Automates repetitive tasks, freeing up time to focus on important work
- Used across many different industries
- Over time, it learns from interactions to provide more accurate responses
- Can be an expensive alternative for larger teams
- It still has its limitations and might not always provide the best response
- Takes time to set up and has a steep learning curve
“So far, my favorite thing about Capacity is the ability to build a knowledge base. Improvements are constantly being made, and it can do a lot, but the platform is a bit slow from what I was used to working with on my previous platform.” – G2– G2
Korra is an AI tool that helps you find answers quickly. It uses a special technology called Knowledge Fusion to bring together all types of information – from PDFs and web pages to videos – into one easy-to-understand format. Its smart engine can understand what you’re looking for and gives precise answers from inside documents and videos, helping to save your team valuable time.
- Applies NLP and AI to automatically generate tags and workflows
- Good customer service team
- Easy to implement
- The results shown could be more optimized
- Does not index G-Suite documents unless saved in a non-native format (PDF, Word, etc.)
- Lacks customization options
“Overall experience with Korra has been great. I’ve seen the product rapidly mature and improve, and I anticipate that process to continue.”– Capterra
Guru, another AI knowledge base software, makes company information easily accessible for teams. It organizes and delivers knowledge to employees exactly when and where they need it. The AI feature helps to keep the information up-to-date, relevant, and in context. It supports collaboration, reduces the need for repetitive questioning, and boosts overall productivity by ensuring that everyone has the most accurate and recent information whenever they need it.
- Integrates well with many popular tools
- Summarizes, edits, and even improves the content you’ve authored
- A great resource when onboarding new employees
- Depending on the size of the company, Guru’s pricing might get expensive
- While it has an intuitive design, it still has a learning curve to it
- The effectiveness of the platform depends on how often the team updates and maintains the knowledge base
As an AI knowledge base software, Starmind acts like a directory, helping businesses find organizational knowledge quickly and in real-time. It also comes with a built-in feature for asking and answering questions. Many large companies around the world use Starmind to share knowledge and get rid of redundancies. The company is growing quickly and has customers in over 125 countries. Teams involved in research and development, sales, and services use Starmind to find and use knowledge and make key knowledge accessible to everyone.
- Easy to understand and use
- Questions can be posted anonymously and anybody can ask any question
- Available on mobile devices
- The notifications can get a little annoying
- No way to prioritize queries
- May not always get accurate answers
“It’s a great tool for those too shy to ask others in person.”– G2
Lucy is an all-in-one AI knowledge base software that manages all the information a company owns or has permission to use. The platform was created based on client needs and continues to change and grow with the market. Lucy’s main goal is to impress, make happy, and give more power to people who work with knowledge.
- Saves time and money on redundant research
- Acts as a single gateway to enterprise knowledge
- Easy to deploy and protects your data
- Can be an expensive option for smaller teams
“We use Lucy to help us craft Persona-Driven Content Marketing strategies for our clients.”– Capterra
AIGEN understands that using technology, especially AI, is crucial to improve business operations nowadays. Their technology helps cut down work hours and boost business productivity. The company’s goal is to help companies take over repeatable tasks and automate work processes. This way, employees can have more time to focus on creative tasks.
- Imports data without much manual intervention
- Makes it easy to handle large amounts of data
- Easily integrates with the company’s system through API
- Can be an expensive alternative for startups / smaller teams
- Steep learning curve
- Customer service has received some complaints
Slite is a tool built on the idea of teamwork and sharing knowledge. It helps companies collect, study, and arrange all their documents in one location, making it easy for users to find what they need.
- Promotes collaboration among team members
- Analyzes documents and data that provide useful business insights
- Helps organize all your documents in one place
- Sharing information with external contractors can be difficult
- There could be a learning curve for some new users
- If not managed, the accumulation of information could lead to clutter
“Honestly, Slite is an amazing tool that offers a clear spot to have docs for pretty much anything- pagers, meeting notes, how-to’s and more. It’s not the greatest when it comes to scalability.”– G2
Genesys provides customer experience and call center technology to mid-sized and large businesses. The platform uses AI and machine learning to manage and optimize customer interactions across various channels, including voice, text, web chat, and social media. Their key objective is to improve customer engagement, employee productivity, and business efficiency.
- Offer multi-channel support
- Offers a scalable solution making it a good option for businesses of all sizes
- Has a global presence and a wide range of customer experiences
- The pricing options may not be suitable for small and medium-sized businesses
- The platform has a steep learning curve
- Can be complex to set up and manage
“Genesys Cloud CX is a powerful contact center solution that has significantly improved our business’s operational effectiveness and customer satisfaction. Although Genesys Cloud CX is incredibly user-friendly, some users might initially find it difficult to understand all the features and functionalities.”– G2
The Problem With Using Only Generative AI (Text Generation)
Many knowledge management companies have decided to put their AI efforts into assisting their users with content creation.
With text generation capabilities, they’re having the AI proofread and edit their help docs, battle cards, and other crucial company information. And while this undoubtedly helps users avoid typos and grammatical errors, it fails to harness the full potential of this new technology.
Where is AI Knowledge Management Headed?
Advanced Natural Language Processing (NLP) Capabilities: The integration of more sophisticated NLP models, like GPT-4 and beyond, has significantly improved the quality of interactions with knowledge bases. This includes better understanding of user queries, more nuanced and context-aware responses, and the ability to handle a wider range of languages and dialects.
Personalization and User Experience: AI-powered knowledge bases are increasingly incorporating personalized learning algorithms. These systems can now adapt to the user’s knowledge level, learning style, and preferences, providing a more tailored experience.
Semantic Search Enhancements: Beyond keyword matching, modern AI knowledge bases use semantic search to understand the intent and contextual meaning behind queries. This leads to more accurate and relevant search results.
Automated Content Curation and Update: AI algorithms have become better at not only retrieving relevant information but also at curating and updating content. They can identify outdated information, suggest updates, and even draft new content based on emerging trends and data.
Integration with Other Systems: There is an increasing trend in integrating AI-powered knowledge bases with other enterprise systems like CRM, ERP, and project management tools. This integration allows for seamless information flow and better decision-making support.
Visualization and Interactive Learning Tools: The use of AI to create interactive charts, graphs, and other visualization tools within knowledge bases enhances the learning and understanding of complex information.
Voice and Multimodal Interactions: The use of voice commands and other multimodal inputs (like gestures or eye-tracking) is becoming more common in interacting with knowledge bases, especially in fields where hands-free operation is essential.
Ethics and Bias Mitigation: There’s an increased focus on ensuring AI systems, including knowledge bases, are ethically designed and free from biases. This includes using diverse training datasets and implementing fairness algorithms.
Data Privacy and Security: As AI knowledge bases often handle sensitive data, advancements in encryption, user authentication, and privacy-preserving AI techniques are crucial updates.
Predictive Analytics and Proactive Information Delivery: AI-powered knowledge bases are not just reactive but increasingly proactive, using predictive analytics to anticipate user needs and provide information before it’s explicitly requested.
Collaborative and Social Learning Features: Integration of features that promote collaboration and social learning, like discussion forums and shared annotation, leveraging AI to suggest collaborators or relevant discussions.
Custom AI Models for Specific Domains: The development of custom AI models tailored to specific industries or fields, enhancing the relevance and depth of information in those areas.
The Tettra AI System
Instead of dealing with outdated wiki pages that your team never knows if they can trust, Tettra’s AI-powered knowledge management system utilizes a purpose-built workflow to capture critical company knowledge and ensure it is always up-to-date and discoverable.
Here’s how it works.
- Ask — When a team member has a question, they search in Tettra. Kai, Tettra’s friendly AI assistant, scours existing company documents to find the answer they need, deflecting the question away from the subject matter expert. With the information easily discovered, the team member is able to complete their task and continue working without disruption.
- Assign — If Kai can’t find the answer, or the answer doesn’t exist, it will assist the searcher in creating it as a question in Tettra’s intuitive Q&A system where it will be assigned to the proper subject matter expert to answer. And with notifications and reminders, Tettra ensures that questions are never left unanswered. The knowledge gap is closed.
- Verify — After a question is assigned to them, the subject matter expert can answer that question once and only once. Now, when another team member asks the question again, Kai will use its AI-powered search to pull out the verified, accurate answer. Not only does this ensure your team is using accurate information, but it saves the subject matter expert from having to answer the same question over and over again. Knowledge managers also curate and delete to make sure all content is actionable and only relevant information is found.
- Use — With a knowledge base full of verified, discoverable information, your team will be able to use Tettra’s AI-powered knowledge management system to easily find answers, meaning knowledge managers will only have to answer a question once, and only once. Your knowledge sharing is on, full-blast.